Baan Dek Foundation (BDF)
รับสมัคร Social Worker / Social Advisor
Type of Contract: Full-time position, 1-year contract (renewable)
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
Working hours: Monday to Friday (Working full-time, between the hours of 9am-8pm, with flexible schedule) + occasionally on weekends
Salary: Starting 22,000 THB, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include transportation & phone allowance, etc.
Starting date: July 1,2019 – ASAP
SOCIAL WORK DIRECTLY WITH BENEFICIARIES
1. Conduct individual case management (involving a team of 5 social workers) and provide community support in the field
2. Identification of beneficiaries through regular outreach and assessment of individual and community needs
3. Provide appropriate social counselling and ensuring regular and effective follow-up by implementation of a support plan through social work activities
4. Promotion of child protection (i.e. education, safety, healthcare, nutrition, etc.) in every area of work: in the community, at schools, in outreach meetings, etc.
5. Design and implementation of activities and tools (such as life skills) in order to support children’s access to health, education, and safety, improve the beneficiaries' living situation, and facilitate their future autonomy
6. Identify and develop partnerships with relevant local partners (schools, medical centers, social services, etc.) which support the mission of Baan Dek Foundation
1. Nationality:Any nationality (Thai or South East Asia nationals preferred)
2. Age: Preferably graduates with experience in the field of project coordination / social work / educational activity coordination / early childhood development.
3. Education & Experience:Degree or experience in relevant field (social work, special education, health, psychology,). Experience in work as a Social worker / Project coordinator / teacher / animator with children, mothers and babies / toddlers considered as an asset.
4. Language skills:Fluent Thai (spoken and written) and English proficient speaking and writing skills. Burmese, Tha-Yai and/or Khmer (spoken and written) considered as important assets.
5. Other skills/interests: committed to social work/child welfare, dedication for non-profit work, communication and human relations skills, teamwork ability, flexibility on working hours, tolerance & human values, highly motivated, positive energy & spirit, ability to work autonomously, ability to understand family situation and conduct assessments.
More details on Baan Dek Foundation’s projects on www.baandekfoundation.org/